Thank You Ecards
Shropshire Cards and eCards collection
Are you a visitor to Shopshire or any of its beautify towns? Instead of sending a traditional postcard by royal mail, why not send an ecard instead? You can send pictures of the country’s market town Shrewsbury. You can also send a picture of Ludlow and the beautiful bridge of river Severn, Ironbridge. You can also send an ecard of some of Shropshire’s beautiful countryside.
The ecard you send will arrive instantly, the donation you made with the ecard will help fund clean water projects in sub-saharan Africa. Send an ecard now and make a difference.
If you are still wondering why you should send a Shropshire postcard, here is
7 Interesting facts about Shropshire
- Shropshire boasts 32 castles and 25 hillforts. It will take you several weeks to explore all the castles and hillforts.
- Acton Scott, a historic working farm that uses the farming equipment used back then is based in Shropshire.
- Newport in Shropshire recorded the coldest temperature ever in England on 10th January 1982 : minus 26 degrees centigrade.
- Shropshire boasts the world’s first skyscraper. Ditherington Flax Mill, was built in 1797, it is situated on the outskirts of Shrewsbury.
- Shrewsbury is a town of giants. It has the tallest town crier in the world, at 7ft 2in. Their MP is the tallest MP in the United Kingdom: Daniel Kawczynski is 6ft 8.5in tall.
- The forerunner to modern day Olympic Games were held in Much Wenlock, Shropshire in 1850. Their success led to the creation of the international Olympic Games in 1896.
- Charles Darwin or the origins of species Species was born in Shrewsbury on 12 February 1809.